Dive Medical?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kettle

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if I need to take a copy of my dive medical or something signed by my doc when I go overseas? Someone told me that I may need a medical, but this sounds a bit crazy to me. I have only just got my certification on two days ago, so what do you guys think? Ever been asked to show something from your doc?
Thanks
Ben

that require a medical:
Australia for o/w - you're covered there
Israel
Malta
(not sure if it is still true for the latter 2)

If you are planning to go on and do professional training elsewhere you may need to have a fit-to-dive medical. In the UK you would need an HSE medical for AI or Instructor level.

If you have a "fit-to-dive" medical statement it can't help to take it with you - especially if you have an obvious medical condition. That list above is not exhaustive - research where you are going before you leave to check for sure.

I can tell you that you will not need one for the following countries if you go as a certified diver from personal experience:
UK
Australia
Egypt
US (Guam and Hawaii anyway)
Marshall Islands
Thailand
Japan

You will (or should) be asked by the operator if they are PADI to complete the medical questionaire when doing a course with them for the first and usually subsequent times.

This board covers a large part of the globe so ask before you travel if you want to check.

Cheers
Jonathan

I leave in 2 days and will be diving in Guam and Yap. They will just be recreational dives, I won't be doing any training or anything like that.

Provided that you will not be reporting any conditions on the medical waiver typically required by many dive ops, PADI and otherwise, you will not need a fitness-to-dive statement for recreational diving in Guam & Yap.

Have a super trip.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom