Dive master practice exam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am horrible at taking tests. Other than studying the knowledge reviews how can I prepare to pass this test? What happens if I fail? Can I retake it?

Study the knowledge reviews. You won't fail but in the unlikely event you do you can retake it.

Have you addressed this concern with your instructor?

The knowledge review questions are designed to help you with the final exam. Good luck!!

I haven't looked at the PADI DM course in ages, but if it uses the Learning Objectives and Quick Quiz the same as other courses, those will focus you exactly where you need to review.

I was just wondering if there was a test I could take online to help pass.

The exams are very very similar to the practice questions. If you can get through the practice questions to a level you could explain why each answer is reasonable according to the text, you'll be very well prepared for the exam.

I dislike exams due to my perfectionist tendencies and the disposition to get stuck in an over analyzing loop of second guessing myself.

What helped me on the DM exam was remembering the purpose of knowing the material isn't for a grade or even passing, it's for comprehension and hopefully preparation for helping other divers too.

There's an exam A and back up plan exam B if the score is too low on the first writing attempt.

In direct answer to your question: Depending on your instructor, you could write exam A as practice intending to fail and then write exam B after you've mastered exam A. Otherwise I don't know of an ethical source for a DM practice exam.

Enjoy the journey,
Cameron

I am horrible at taking tests. Other than studying the knowledge reviews how can I prepare to pass this test? What happens if I fail? Can I retake it?
Really, it is not a test. It is a chance to show off what you know. You can't really fail, you can only not-pass-it-yet. You keep doing it until you pass. Test results are either Pass, or Haven't Passed Yet. It is a head game. Take a deep breath and go for it.

Well I’ll need them for IDC, It was a tough course but I made it

As per others, if you understand the reviews the test is easy, but make sure you know how to do the dive tables and eRDP forward and backward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom