Dive Master Job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Girl Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Divers!

I want to become a Dive Master, just because I want to, but if I will like to work on it, how much money can I get?? I mean, working as a dive master what could my salary be??

Thanks Everybody!!

not a whole lot, in most places not enough to live on.

I make money managing stores, divemaster work is more like a perk, I get to travel all over and dive. Sometimes after a trip I break even, sometimes it cost a bit it just depends.

If you are doing divemaster work for a resort where you live that would be diffirent all together.

There are a ton of threads on this topic so if you do a search you will come up with loads of information. But, I think the bottom line is from everything I have read, you may be able to exist but will not likely be able to retire on the pay of a DM alone. I am not a DM but have talked to many in various places plus with what your search will turn up, I think you will draw the same conclusion. I think those that do it, do it for their love of diving and not necessarily for the money.

Hi...

I have been in mexico now for two months. I am making about $50 per day in tips, if I dive a four tank day. I am making about $50 per day from the dive shop, and only because i am usually giving discover scuba demo's, and those are 10 hour days, so working my butt off, i am lucky if I make $100 per day. 6 Days a week, thats about 240 hours per month, for about $2000 per month. You do the math, that is about the best a DM makes here in Mexico.

Hope that was of help.:D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom