Dive log for Mac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glwillia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and just purchased my first dive computer, an Oceanic Geo 2.0 with the corresponding USB cable. I use a Mac and an iPhone and was wondering if anyone could recommend which of the dive log programs is preferred for Mac, with iOS compatibility nice to have and compatibility with my dive computer a must. There's DiverLog, MacDive, Subsurface and Dive Log DT, and I can't find information anywhere on reviews of the software, and they seem to all have similar feature sets. Thanks!

MacDive. Great program, AWESOME author. Nick provides the best tech support for any software that I have ever used.

Easy sync with iPhones, VERY user friendly, great interface, export and import capability, etc...

Mike

Great, thanks guys! I downloaded the trial and am playing with it now. I tried Subsurface but I found it to have a horrid user interface (not surprising, it was written by Linus Torvalds after all) and the free version of Diver Log Lite won't let me proceed without connecting my dive computer.

Been very happy with MacDive right from the start.

Of course you can also click on the link in the tool bar for SB Logbook and see if that suits your needs. :)

I use diveboard.com since I like the fact that I can use it with whatever device I have at hand.

Mac Dive and Dive Log for the iPad/iPhone (Dive Log and Mac Dive, play nice, and update instantly via wifi)

Well, I bought the full version. It's pretty user-friendly and seems to be quite complete, although there are several little quibbles I'd fix (no tab between text entry fields, no auto-numbering of dives, it's not an App Store app so it can't use the OS X Notification Center and relies on Growl) but I've just inputted my dives from my paper log book and my gear into it and I'm good to go. Thanks guys for your recommendations!

I'm quite happy with Subsurface. Although the UI is not very Mac-like, it's pretty easy to learn.

Plus I like the profile display better. More data displayed all at once.

And, it's free.

But, no iOS integration.

Well, I bought the full version. It's pretty user-friendly and seems to be quite complete, although there are several little quibbles I'd fix (no tab between text entry fields, no auto-numbering of dives, it's not an App Store app so it can't use the OS X Notification Center and relies on Growl) but I've just inputted my dives from my paper log book and my gear into it and I'm good to go. Thanks guys for your recommendations!

Nick (the developer) is one of the best reasons for using MacDive... he is very responsive to user input, does frequent revisions and tracks down bugs promptly. There is also a great support wiki.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom