Dive Log App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RX8Bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Alright here goes, after some tweaking I got it working. Though I may change/add things if I get any suggestions.

- Have an Online Dive Log
- Typical Messaging Systems
- Add buddies, browse your friends log books (If they let you!)
- Add Pictures to your dives
- Sign your buddies Dives
- Subscribe to dive shops
- Other Features available as well.

- Dive shops can register and schedule dives / training. (If you register a shop, PM Me on here or the site as I will have to make an exception for the account. Right now, dive shop accounts only have trials available for 2 days. This I can override and WILL GIVE YOU A FREE UNLIMITED ACCOUNT
- Add Shop Employees and Customers
- Track Customers logbooks
- Other features available as well.

The app requires you use a profile to do anything, simply click the Profile menu and change your profile there.

Application
- Have your logbook local
- Upload your logbook to the website
- Download your logbook from the website
- Sync your local logbook with the server logbook!
- Multi-Diver Capable
- Online features require an account on the website (Free)

Website is here: US Diver - Online SCUBA Diving Community -
The site may be a little slow as I have to change hosts because the current host does not allow the app to connect to the database, therefore the database and website are hosted seperately.

App is here: http://usdiver.org/logbook/beta/usdl_b0.9.1.jar

The app requires JAVA, simply download the JAR anywhere you want to keep it, and just run the JAR like an Executable. No install required!

Last edited:
odd, i'll try it on a different computer, can you get a screenshot of the error? I've never seen an error like that before. What OS are you using?

I'm not sure if the version of Java you are using is up to date or not, but I coded the program using java 6u20.

I beleive I know the issue i'll update it now... Updated Version below

http://usdiver.org/logbook/beta/usdl_b0.9.1.jar

Ignore me... totally my fault and totally stupid. I still had a copy of the installer for 2.13 in my downloads file and ran it.... oopppps.... :dork2: I'll look at the new one as soon as I catch up on SB.

Its not a problem, I actually forgot to redirect one of the images so thats what I assumed it was. I also noticed I forgot to incorporate the bottom time. This i'll fix in my next version. Though everything else should work fine.

I added a temporary account to the website for anyone to use if you are cautious about using the application.

The Username is: LogTest
Password: LogTest

if you wanted, you could use these credentials in the application to download a logbook. Please keep the content clean! If any inappropriate content is posted I will disable the account. These credentials will also work in the website, though keep in mind that the website only allows 1 pc to use an account at any given time. If someone else tries to use the account, you will be logged out.

Any thoughts? Or anything anyone would like to see added? I'm looking to release another beta release soon, so i would like to get input before so. May make adding things easier. I'm probably going to add a dive profile pane to each log, also may add a dive planner to the app as well within the next few release. I may also add an updater to the app to automatically check for new releases.

Bottom timer doesn't work.
Display format changes from one screen to another.
Options for date display - mm/dd/yy vs dd/mm/yy etc.

Thank you i didn't even notice the date issue. I'll look into adding the date options. I'll try and have the next version done in the next few hours. Hopfully have a working dive Planner as well.

http://usdiver.org/logbook/beta/usdl_b0.9.2.jar

version beta 0.9.2 ------------- 7-4-10 Sunday

1: Changed date format. Both are now of format MM/dd/yyyy rather than one having the day and month switched.
2: Added profile config file. serialVersionUID = 001L;
configs\profile.cfg
3: Added shortcut to quickly change profile. Control + P
4: Updated the profile menu.
Now has a menu, saves previous profiles used. No more need to always type usernames.
5: Added Profiles File
6: Found problem with loading logbooks. *FIXED*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom