Question Dive Log app SAC rate issue —> Solved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonaldP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
IMG_6316.jpeg
I

I have imported my dive data from a G2 scubapro in the divelog app on my Ipad and it shows SAC rate 13,65 ltr/min (see 2nd picture).
I exporter the file to my Iphone and imported that file and now it show my SAC rate for this same dive is 11,84 ltr/min see 1st picture)

I do not see what I do wrong. They should be the same.
Any idea what is happening here, bug in the program, a setting I missed?

IMG_6238.jpeg

The usual sources of SAC discrepancies are:
  1. two calculations, one using salt water one using fresh
  2. one calculation truncates a few minutes off the beginning of the record to account for tank cooling/warming in the water
  3. average depth being calculated differently
  4. one ATM (sea level) being added differently in the two calculations, for example 1ATM=1.01325 bar, but 1 bar is used in one of the calculations.
  5. different dive durations used; your bottom figure says 65 mins, but the top figure graph shows longer than that.

Another possibility is that the tank template got changed on one device. The template label in DiveLog can show the same thing, but the volumes can be different in the definitions of the template. Easy to accidentally change the tank template without realizing it when you’re first figuring out how to use the program.

Lance

Thank you, @Thurpsios.

It was the switch ignore surface duration. When I switched this off in the settings, ignoring air consumption at the surface the SAC values are now equal,11,84 ltr/min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom