Dive Light Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is exactly what I am looking for, thank you! If you could get demo units from Dive Rite, Green Force and IST it would be even better.

hey draper,
i wanna buy some undewater torches(for my dive center) tjhe visibility where i dive is bout 15m.....these torches(non rechargeable) will be given to guests students......can u make any economical suggestions......I have been lookin at the princeton tec tec 40......price is perfect...what u think bout the torch?
thanx.

One issue you have not considered is that you are doing "research" based on an N of only 1.

This was brought home to me last weekend when I found a light on the bottom that was the same make and model as one of my back up lights. My backup light is only a couple months old and this one appears to be equally new, but they have distinctly different beams. I am short on "dark" at the moment but I will take pictures tonight to illustrate the degree of variation in one model of dive light.

There is quite frankly often going to be as much or more variation within a given brand and model of light as there is between diferent brands and models of lights, so with a very small N you cannot assign any significant degree of relaibility or validity to your findings. Something to keep in mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom