Dive Knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recomend a good knife for wreck diving? I have a little BC knife but I want something a little more substantial for going into a wreck something I can put on my leg. THANKS SO MUCH!

ScubaRy :crafty:

I have Halcyon mini knife
10-knife01-1.jpg

You really don't need a big knife to penetrate a wreck. In fact, I'd recommend against that. All I carry is a z-knife and a small knife (similar in size to the remora). Why do you think you need a big knife to go into a wreck?

ScubaRy:
Can anyone recomend a good knife for wreck diving? I have a little BC knife but I want something a little more substantial for going into a wreck something I can put on my leg. THANKS SO MUCH!

ScubaRy :crafty:

I'm sure there will be many opinions about this. I suggest you examine that little BC knife you have.

Do you like it? does it fit in your hand comfortable? Do you keep it sharp? If the answer is yes, then try to find the big version of the same. I would add get rid of it if the answer is no for any of the above, but that's your issue.

Knives produce weird reactions, lately big knives are look at with suspicion. I assume that is why there are so many little ones, some of them appearing to be useless.
I think a handle that fits your hand is the trick of a good knife. Titanium blades are nice, 4 inch (10cm) of blade should cut just about anything.

Some use knives for prying, I think there are better tools for that. A knife with a pointy end would perform as long as you keep it sharp.

Another thing with knives is that some people don't need them at all.

Regardless of the type or size you get, try your best to keep it sharp. A dull knife is as bad as an empty fire extinguisher... invites you to depend on something that is not there.

Hey Diveaholic...I figured since I have a little one that a big one would be better as a second knife. that way I would have both...the manual says I need to carry two knives so I thought that way I would have one of each.

Back
Top Bottom