Dive knife Deep Sea or wenoka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What happened to these knives? They go out of business? I’m looking for a good stiletto type to fit aqualung bc grommets. Longest blade I can get. Thx

What happened to these knives? They go out of business? I’m looking for a good stiletto type to fit aqualung bc grommets. Longest blade I can get. Thx

Does Deep See still exist?

Wenoka and Deep See were purchased by Aqualung.
Aqualung Big Squeeze Lock
Yes, this happened circa 20 years ago when AL, or US Divers in the US, bought Sea Quest also. At that time Deep See continued to be an independent company owned by the AL holding company. It had its own catalog and different address, I think it was located in WA then. I have searched online and Deep See doesn't seem to exist anymore even the website address I had doesn't exist. I suppose it was "absorbed" in the AL product line. Wenoka was an independent company that was bought by Sea Quest, or AL but I don't remember now. Wenoka had an awesome knife and accessory product line but most of their products disappeared after the buyout by SeaQuest/AL. This Wenoka buy out took place over 20 years ago, maybe 25 years ago.

Ebay is your friend when it comes to BFKs [Big Friggin Knives]. I have sourced many of my favorites, Wenoka's Blackie Collins series knives on the 'bay.

Seek and ye shall find!

Back
Top Bottom