Dive Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

18diver18

Registered
Reaction score
First off I wasnt sure where to but this so move it if it should be else where :)

My current dive insurance is through my SAA club, however that only covers me for club dives. I am finding myself often diving with people who are not part of the club, and so I am not covered under that insurance. As diver rescue and treatment costs nothing in the UK, I do not need insurance to pay for that, but most insurance seems to pay out for death/loss of limbs etc. I also want the insureance to cover me abroad as well, and so wondered which company was best (DAN looks quite good)

(Reading over that I'm not sure how clear I've been, but hopefully you get the idea :D)

I use Aqua-med, reasonable worldwide annual policy. Only contacted once ( bitten on temple by turtle), immediate agreement to cover all costs ( no excess! ). In fact covered by EHIC card.

I can't speak to UK specifically, but I agree with dallaskincaid and vote for DAN, especially if you are looking for world-wide coverage. I have contacted them a couple of times, (once even speaking to founder Dan Orr on a Sunday afternoon. He was just answering the phones that day) and they have always been a great help and seemed far more concerned with helping people than the financials unlike most insurance companies in the US.

I'm a DAN member since 1997. I've had only one claim in 17 hears, and got reimbursed for expenses related to a trip delay would never go without it. Take time to read their coverage- not just medical and evac, but lots of other great stuff. It is one of the true bargains in the recreational diving world.
DivemasterDennis

When thinking about "dive" insurance you need to consider 3 things
- medical insurance
- travel insurance
- possessions insurance

Some policies cover only 1 of the 3. Some cover 2. Very few will cover all 3. You may already have adequate coverage for some things via your work and / or home insurance.

In the UK you can also choose Divemaster, who have add on travel & kit insurance. We have annual DAN policies to cover us all year, but for the price it may be an idea to look at Divemaster and IDEC cover if its just for a holiday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom