Dive insurance outside the USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dive insurance outside the USA

Does anyone here outside of hte USA have Dive insurance for their equipment & UW camera gear?

Who are you using & any suggestions or tips?

I have a DAN plan for diving related medical stuff and a limited amount of dive equipment and a nature photography plan for my photo equipment. The only hesitation I have recommending the equipment plan I have is that it's expensive and only covers photo equipment. The rates are lower than many other insurers I've looked at but there is a minimum coverage of $15k on the policy.

This is a good read on equipment insurance:

Norbert Wu's Product Recommendations: Insuring Your Camera Gear

DAN is offering equipment insurance through a third party but that insurance is limited to US residents. The coverage is world wide.
I have sought a long time for equipment insurance outside USA but never found one which offered coverage for my country (Curacao, Netherlands Antilles). In the past I had insurance from a Dutch company but at that time I was living in the Netherlands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom