Dive Instructor Directory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sentiens

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a directory of dive instructors (PADI) in my area.

Looking for private instruction, not a dive shop.

Does anything like this exist?

Unfortunately, no.

In fact, it is difficult to verify if an instructor is capable of teaching you. PADI instructors can be verified as to being in “teaching status.” But, in order to do that, you must know their instructor number. Unless the instructor themselves will give you that, the only way to find out what it is, is to call PADI. You cannot tell if a given instructor is qualified to teach a specific course from that database.

I had a situation three years ago, where an instructor claimed to be able to teach a course, but could not. I was ready to book a trip and pay for the training, but got suspicious and called PADI. They said there was no instructor with that name at all.

Many other certification agencies do have a directory which is what you are looking for, for their instructors.

It would be great if PADI did that as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom