Dive Instruction in the Tampa, FL Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-punk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was recently in Tampa and drove up to Crystal River to snorkel with my body doubles, um, er, manatees. A non-diving friend was in the group and has gotten the snorkeling bug, possibly even the diving bug. Can anyone make recommendations for good instructors in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete's area? Agency affiliation is not an issue. Just looking for recommedations for excellent instructors, the shop they work for and possibly a contact number. Feel free to PM me as well.

Thanks!
-Frank

Mac's Sports in Clearwater.
727-442-9931
Jeff Reid was my instructor.
SSI
Great experience.

If you want some more details, email me at gman0520@yahoo.com.

I've got some friends I work with who were certified at several different places, so I have a few pro's/con's that we discussed about the different locations that I can share.

I learned at macs also my instructor was jay lathrop that is a great place to learn... the pool is indoors and alot of fun... i am now a northeast tech diver and couldnt be here without them

Another Mac's certified diver here. I also too my OW class with Jay (who isn't there anymore). I had Jeff for Nitrox - he's a very experienced and competent instructor. They also have a large training pool on site which made the classes very convenient. Excellent selection of gear as well. You won't go wrong using these guys.

Bill Jackson's in St. Pete... yep... the same Bill Jackson's that was featured in the VISA TV commercial a few years back teachs the NAUI course. But... they don't take American Express. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom