Dive House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJHorton

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know anything about Dive House? I can't seem to find any information other than they are the on-site operator at the Fiesta Americana. Our shop is considering using them.

No need for recommendations for other operators. I have a couple other that I really like diving with in Cozumel. Just not sure whether to tag along with the friends at the shop on this one.

Thanks for your input.

Does anyone know anything about Dive House? I can't seem to find any information other than they are the on-site operator at the Fiesta Americana. Our shop is considering using them.

No need for recommendations for other operators. I have a couple other that I really like diving with in Cozumel. Just not sure whether to tag along with the friends at the shop on this one.

Thanks for your input.

It has been a couple of years since I last used them, but at that time they were a decent resort operator. Like most other resort operators, large boats, large groups, bottom time limited a little; however, I don't recall them being overly pushy underwater like some resort operators that keep folks together like a mother duck does with a bunch of waddling ducklings.

I took a group of 14 to Coz 6 weeks ago.We stayed at Casa Del Mar and Dive House was 1 of the on site operators.Fiesta American just down the road a bit from where we were.
Dove with them and 1 of our dm's was Jose..Little guy,good attitude and smiles alot.He really enjoys eliminating lion fish! You can't go wrong with them.Our bottom time was dictated by our computers and air use.We also negotiated 5 afternoon 1 tank dives on the boat for a GREAT price..It was sooo low that I am afraid to post it here,as they may not offer it to your group! Remember that everything is negotiable in Coz.. I would definitely return again. Tip the crew there well.They work hard and deserve it.

Last edited:
I've dove with them on 3 different trips to Coz and have no complaints. They were professional, courteous, knowledgeable and I wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again.

I have stayed at Fiesta Americana 3 times but never used Dive House. All of the other guests I have spoken to who used them had very good things to say. I can say that they have a couple boats and the big one looks very crowded. I am guessing 25+ people on it. The smaller boats with 6-8 people didn't look as stuffed.

I dove with dive house a few years back. It was pretty standard. We had one good DM and one bad DM (Not that we really needed a DM, but he didn't notice that 2 of his group of 5 divers didn't finish the dive with him until we told him after the dive.) I was appreciative that a few larger tanks (AL100s) were available, for a small fee. It was pretty nice to have the shop on site for any small issues, but having it on the same side of the road might have been nicer. On my rating scale I would give them an average/ as expected, no real complaints, but nothing really special either.

I had no problems with Dive house - they had AL100's for me when I needed, and second tank with Nitrox. No limit on bottom time, and we were often waiting on the boat for the divers that had gills to come up after about an hour. That added more SI time for the rest of us, but I didn't mind, and was glad that the divers with the good SAC rate were able to maximize their fun.

The greatest part of Dive house is when you are staying at FiestAmericana (how its spelled now). I think it is the best deal out there FOR THE MONEY you spend. We booked through Apple Vacations and cost my wife and I $1800.00 for nine nights including airfare from Cleveland, so deducting airfare, it cost us about $65.00 per person per day for all food and great undiluted, unlimited drinks. We also met several friends for life that have been, and will continue to stay at FA for years to come.

My wife doesn't dive, so shore diving was a huge part for me, and even though you would think I am jaded by diving the back wall of Molokini crater in Hawaii, or the Cayman walls - I really enjoyed the shore diving right in front of FA.

My wife snorkeled above me, and we dived the shore ledge, and we both enjoyed all the Xmas tree worms, the anemones, and all the usual juvi reef fish. There is a sunken mass of bridge pilings and concrete structures 20 yards offshore just south of the Money Bar (which is north of FA by less than 1/4 mile), and we took a cab up to the money bar for four bucks, jumped in drifted back to FA after hanging out at the "bridge" for a while playing with the schools of snapper and chasing a lizardfish.

The most memorable part of that dive was seeing hundreds of seargant major fish faces swimming right at you as you drew nearer to the the structure - looking for food I assume.

A professionally managed operation for larger groups of divers with varying skill levels. They have several large comfortable boats, and several smaller boats. They depart from Fiesta daily and Casa Del Mar as well. IMHO the Fiesta is by far the better facility to stay both convenient to dive sites and more updated rooms and overall ambiance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom