Dive Haven Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to know also, asap. I am with a Fire Dept putting together a dive team and need to do an OW certification on April 7. It has to be done in Ga.
If anyone has any info, please pass it on.

please tell me that your Fire Department is not planning on using newly certified OW (Open Water) divers as part of their search/rescue/recover "dive team" ?

a newly minted OW diver does not equal a trained Public Safety Diver.

please tell me that your Fire Department is not planning on using newly certified OW (Open Water) divers as part of their search/rescue/recover "dive team" ?

a newly minted OW diver does not equal a trained Public Safety Diver.

Are you volunteering?

Everybody has to start training somewhere. Noone I know was born OW certified.:shakehead:

Last edited:
Got email back from Dive Haven, they are opening on May the first.

For those that are worried about our "new" dive team, we are affiliated through IDEA and PSDA. We are not freelancing. Man what a can opened.

I did get an email that said they are waiting on insurance.

For those that are worried about our "new" dive team, we are affiliated through IDEA and PSDA.

Who is IDEA and PSDA? :confused:

Just like to say that Dive Haven has been open for divers since May 2010. I dove there last on the 26th September 2010.

Off my wrist computer, the water temp is quite a reasonable:
81F at 20'
70F at 50'
50F at 100'
45F from about 125' and below.

The visibility isn't that bad above the thermocline, but below you definitely need a flash light as its a touch dark. :wink:

Hello fellow divers - sounds like the haven is closed, at least for a while, so I would like to extend an invitation to come to Beautiful Salem South Carolina to dive Jocassee if anyone is ever interested please let me know. would love to help with any aspect from lodging to directions from food to fun from shore to the forest at 135 ft - cant wait to see ya there!

Hello fellow divers - sounds like the haven is closed, at least for a while, so I would like to extend an invitation to come to Beautiful Salem South Carolina to dive Jocassee if anyone is ever interested please let me know. would love to help with any aspect from lodging to directions from food to fun from shore to the forest at 135 ft - cant wait to see ya there!

Dive Haven is not closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom