Dive Group in/near Savannah, GA (GUE?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cosmicist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know of a diving club or group of divers in or near Savannah, GA? I'm preferential to joining a GUE group, but I don't have anyone to dive with currently and beggars can't be choosers! I'd be willing to travel down to FL as well. Twist my arm. :)

I've dived with Ohana Dive Company and I've met the guys at the Scooba Shack, so those are options. But I'd rather not wait for an LDS-led trip if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Right you are! No diving here, no GUE here. But it never hurts to ask, right? And cave diving is absolutely in my sights. Just need to build up the experience.

19+ miles off shore, it's a hike to get that far out. All day trip guaranteed which is why it's so expensive. At that price, head to Lauderdale
That is a hike, and it is expensive, but almost 12 hours less driving round-trip for me than Lauderdale. Have you been to Gray Reef NMS? The diving looks pretty good from what I see on the web, but would like to hear from those who have been.

I’ve heard Gray’s Reef is nice certain times of the year, other times the viz is not stellar. But I know a couple instructors who said it’s a good dive. But yes, it’s a hike, and yes, only one or two charters take you there, and yes, it’s not regular. That’s the only place “near” Savannah to dive… At least, to my knowledge.

Does anyone know of a diving club or group of divers in or near Savannah, GA? I'm preferential to joining a GUE group, but I don't have anyone to dive with currently and beggars can't be choosers! I'd be willing to travel down to FL as well. Twist my arm. :)

I've dived with Ohana Dive Company and I've met the guys at the Scooba Shack, so those are options. But I'd rather not wait for an LDS-led trip if I don't have to.

Thanks!

GUE C1 diver here. I'm sorry I took so long to see and respond to this but your best route is to join the Southeast Underwater Explorers group on Facebook. Its a GUE community that encompasses the southeastern US states but mostly comprises GUE divers in FL, GA, SC and TN. I live in Augusta and find myself diving pretty frequently either locally or travelling to N. Florida to dive.

Thanks very much! I don't have Facebook, but that might be the only way to link up with like-minded divers.

I hadn't seen this post, either, but SEUE is the only regional option. I keep tabs on what they're up to but have yet to join or participate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom