Dive Great Slave Lake NWT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vfrodl

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone ever dove in NWT ?? Like Great Slave lake at Yellowknife. I would like to dive at midnight on June 21 right on the artic circle...

That sounds like a good idea! Longest day of the year, 23.5 hours of sunlight up there...
I googled Yellowknife and got this, if the link doesn't work, maybe fax them..looks like they have two locations...cheers.....

Aqua Sphere: masks, goggles fins, snorkels, and thermal swim wear ...
JIM SMITH SCUBA. 24 STEVENSON ST. S.E.. Phone, 4035274426 ..... 5103-51ST ST.
Phone, 4038732474. YELLOWKNIFE, N.T , X1A 2N7, Fax, 4039204079 ...
Aqua Sphere: masks, goggles fins, snorkels, and thermal swim wear for the recreational swimmer

JIM SMITH SCUBA
24 STEVENSON ST. S.E.
Phone 4035274426
MEDICINE HAT ALBERTA , T1B 3H1 Fax 4035295702

Hi, has anyone ever dove in NWT ?? Like Great Slave lake at Yellowknife. I would like to dive at midnight on June 21 right on the artic circle...

Ya know...that is one heck of an idea and I could probably be talked into such a thing. I wonder if we could get a gang together for a solstice bash. Hmmmm.

Reactions are likely to range wildly:

From this:

:lotsalove:

to this:

:mooner::shakehead:

or even this:

:rofl3:

I'll look for some of these:

:D

A bit late on this post but noticed one thing on your post , You talk diving Great Slave and mention the arctic circle. The arctic circle is 100's of Km north of here so you wont be diving both in Great Slave.

Yes you are correct. Great Bear lake is on the arctic circle.

Well, I havent dove on the arctic circle, but I have done a number of dives in Great Slave Lake. If anyone does come up to Yellowknife, and wants a chance to put one on their weight belt, let me know, I may have time off to do something. expecially a midnight day dive.

Back
Top Bottom