Dive flag questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bamabowtie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Possible dumb questions inbound...

I purchased a dive flag recently. It has a 3' fiberglass pole with a styrofoam float and a metal wire that is looped around the float. It also came with a flag (not attached) that has a metal cross support that goes across the flag.

My questions:

1. How do I attached the flag to the pole? I assumed that you would slide the flag over the pole and then tie the flag to the pole. Well, there is a plastic piece that is on the pole that acts as a stopper for the float. This piece does not allow the flag to slide all the way down (maybe half way)

2. What purpose does the metal wire that is looped through the styrofoam float serve?

This post might be confusing, so I can snap a few photographs if I need to tonight.

Thanks!

Move the float stop further down the pole. While it feels like it is glued there it is not.

Hopefully you received two small plastic C-clips that snap over the flag to hold it in place. The packaging is so poorly done that sometimes those don't show up at all or somebody did not know what they were for and disposed of them. If they did not come with it they can be ordered from Trident individually.

The wire was originally intended to create a drag in the water and prevent it from spinning in the wind.

Move the float stop further down the pole. While it feels like it is glued there it is not.

Hopefully you received two small plastic C-clips that snap over the flag to hold it in place. The packaging is so poorly done that sometimes those don't show up at all or somebody did not know what they were for and disposed of them. If they did not come with it they can be ordered from Trident individually.

The wire was originally intended to create a drag in the water and prevent it from spinning in the wind.

Thank you very much for that. I did not receive the C clips but I will order those tonight. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom