Dive Dumaguete June 30 - July 9 2020 from fabulous Atmosphere Resort - group departure vacancies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm running a group trip to fabulous Atmosphere Resort, Dumaguete, June 30 - July 9 2020, ex Melbourne, Australia (other points of departure are no problem and land content only can also be organised.) This is our fifth trip to Atmosphere - we love the place. This is simply the best dive resort I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of them). Everything about this place is superb, from the gourmet restaurant to the five star dive operation is brilliant. Three pools, gourmet dining, warrior gym (yep!), yoga classes, award winning spa facilities - this place has it all!
One of the big drawcards here is the opportunity to take a day-trip over to nearby Cebu (short bus and ferry trip) to snorkel with Whale Sharks (lots of them!) at Oslob. This is a virtually guaranteed experience – they are open ocean Whale Sharks (Butanding in the local dialect) but have been hand fed small quantities of shrimp by local fisherman since 2013 which supplement their normal diet, and thus the whale sharks tend to hang around. The SCUBA diving around Dumaguete is a nice mix of excellent macro diving (Harlequin Shrimp, Ghost Pipefish; Frogfish; Nudibranchs etc) with coral bommies teeming with resident fish populations. Add in to this nearby Apo Island with blue water coral reefs, a resident population of Turtles and a whirlpool of Big Eye Trevally and there really is something for everyone. From tiny Skeleton Shrimp to the biggest fish in the sea (Whale Shark) the diving offers something for everyone. The dive sites also are ideal for snorkellers as most sites top off with a shallow reef thriving with fish life. A nice 6 minute video on the resort can be found here - this is diving in the lap of luxury. Trip details can be found in the attached file - with more comprehensive details at Atmosphere Resort, Dumaguete, The Philippines June 30 - July 9 2020 group trip
A bit about the group - all ages; not too serious reasonably casual divers with experience levels ranging from novice to instructors - some have been diving 40 years plus (myself included). Many photographers in the group and a few bring families along with them (adult 'children'). Many travel every year with us and have been for twenty years or so - just a great bunch of folks to dive with and have a cocktail at sunset with. Here's a gallery of my photos from our June 2015 trip - https://photos.app.goo.gl/4ikBaskxu8rHYfWY6
Please PM for further details or email me at awiggs@tps.vic.edu.au. We have to secure bookings by October 30 so if you're interested, then don't delay - this promises to be a unique and amazing experience.
pool-bar-at-night-jpg.544700.jpg
This is our group from 2015 enjoying cocktails at sunset.

Back
Top Bottom