Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenutt315

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking into buying a good dive computer I am not worried about price but I am looking for a long lasting cool looking high tech nitrox compatiable computer... any suggestions?

Size of the numbers and read-out would be the only question I'd have if you're not worried about the price... personally I like the Suunto dive computers.

they dont have user replaceable batteries? you have to send it back to the Manufacturer right?

Only some of Suunto's model's batteries are not user replaceable. I believe the non-watch styles such as the Gekko for example, have user replaceable batteries. Models such as the D9 have to be sent back for battery replacement.

If you're looking for coolness factor + high tech I would recommend the Datamask by Oceanic but that's just me. :D

Dive Rite Nitek Duo, or some of the other Seiko base computers (Tusa IQ700, Zeagle N2ition, Cressi Archimedes, etc) are excellent 2 gas computers, big numbers, lots of info.

is oceanic wrist comps any good and what kinda info does the comp mask give?

Another vote for the Suuntos. I've got a cobra with the add-on compass and love it. Reliable, nitrox capable, and yes, I think it's cool looking.

Do you want wrist mount or console mount? Does it need to be air integrated or not? Does it have to have gas switching capabilities? These are all things you need to decide before you can get really good suggestions. I personally use a Zeagle N2ition and love it as well as an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 air integrated console with compass which I also love for when the whole dive is just a basic single tank.

Also if "cool looking" is a factor and price is not consider something with a huge screen and industrial styling like one of the lower end Nitrox only tech computers.

Without a doubt you are looking for the Aeris Epic. BTW, the aftersales service is awesome. You have a problem and they take care of it. This computer can be worn as a watch and is a computer you are never going to grow out of unless you start going really TEC and start using a VR3 or a Cochran. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom