Dive computers for small wrists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelan-pelan

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never found anywhere that has a full range of dive computers - the sort you strap to your wrist.

It's very simple - I have small wrists. Most dive computers don't do up tight enough to stay in place. Many dive computers are so large that I end up with wounds in the back of my hand when I flex my wrist eg when hanging on a line, or climbing a ladder or just trying to gear up.

You can't tell by looking at a picture. There is also the thickness of the computer. And then - very important the quality of the display and the information that it provides. Many people will suggest I put the computer in the regulator set. No - can't do that.

Any suggestions apart from a wrist transplant?

I bought a Suunto d4i exactly for that reason, because it was the only one at my LDS that fit on my wrist.

It's clearly bigger than any watch I'd normally wear, but it's not much bigger (although thicker) than some of the bigger ones on the market.

I've been quite happy with it until now. I think it should be able to hold even on some wrists thinner than mine.

Or maybe you could try wearing one a bit higher up your arm, closer to the elbow?

Perdix? gives you adjustable straps that are elastic or bungee and you wear it up on your forearm. Display quality is brilliant. Not cheap, but damn good, and now they have a reasonably priced AI option which is spiffy for recreational diving

I have somewhat small wrists and have the Oceanic Geo 2.0

There's lots of after market bungee mounts for computers of many of the popular brands. That doesn't help with the size/bulk issue (if anything, might make it worse) but definitely helps for strap size problems.
The way around the bulk is to wear stuff high up on your forearms (I wear my gauges about 6" up from my wrist). I found This is a lot more stable with the bungee mounts compared to the watch style straps. My wife didn't like the idea of this at first but after a couple of dives was totally fine with it.

Reactions: tep
Find a trashed wetsuit and cut the first 3-4 inches off both sleeves. If you are diving a wetsuit, roll the sleeve back and put the piece on underneath like a sweatband and roll your sleeve back down. It will give you padding and give you a larger diameter to strap to. Do the same thing when you are in a shortie or with no suit. If needed, use both cuffs. Now you can fit anything you want on your wrist and be comfy.

I, also, have very tiny wrists and have found Oceanic Geo 2.0 fits great. It is bigger than a watch, but it is easy to read the display.

Perdix? gives you adjustable straps that are elastic or bungee and you wear it up on your forearm. Display quality is brilliant. Not cheap, but damn good, and now they have a reasonably priced AI option which is spiffy for recreational diving

If the budget allows, consider the Perdix as tbone1004 suggested. I have freakishly tiny wrists, and with the bungee the computer does not move around one bit.

Wifey has very small wrists......Suunto D4 in pink.

I have tiny wrists and use a very small xDeep (Genz) Black, which has a very easy to read colour OLED customizable display. A very popular choice for a small computer is the Shearwater Perdix, which has been mentioned, with or without air integration, which runs on easy to source AA's and probably has all the features you want.

I use a bungie cord through slots in the computer casing to get a snug fit that's extremely fast and easy to put on or take off no matter if I have bare wrists, wetsuit or drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom