Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much is that in £ haha...I need to save first, skint student

To answer your question: If properly used, a good DC can result in longer NDLs (when compared to using a table).
I'm glad that I have a DC.

Cressi Leonardo 179 at leisure pro on black Friday.

Is it worth saving up for a dive computer?

Yes it is. Since you are asking, it is apparent that you know you don't need one because you are already familiar with dive tables. If you can't afford one, you can always dive the tables. Good luck with your budget. They all work and you just need the basics. Enjoy diving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've become so accustomed to using a DC I question if I'd dive much if I had to give it up.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

I think there are still a few Luddite divers running around who may disagree, but I think the overwhelming response you will get is "yes" and I agree with that. That said, you can spend as little (well, nearly) or as much as you want. They all have the same basic function and so as a starving student, get what you can afford. Just don't forget how to use those tables. Computers are great and quite reliable, but when they decide not to be, it is usually in the middle of the big trip and in the middle of a multi-dive day. Happy diving.

Back
Top Bottom