Dive Computer Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samuelmorris117

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am getting a Suunto Dive computer for Christmas. It came with a transmitter but with all the other hoses it looks like it won't go on without some kind of extension on my 1st stage. Is this possible??? I will check with my LDC but I just wanted a second opinion. Don't want to have to replace anything I currently own.

US Divers

---------- Post added December 24th, 2013 at 03:44 PM ----------

I have my BC, S4 Dive Computer, Primary & Secondary and it still has 1 low pressure and 1 High Pressure port

---------- Post added December 24th, 2013 at 04:48 PM ----------

US Divers

---------- Post added December 24th, 2013 at 04:51 PM ----------

I have the ports but the size of the transmitter will hit the other hoses, I was thinking a extender of some sort

---------- Post added December 24th, 2013 at 04:53 PM ----------

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution

What model Aqualung regulator? I can't imagine there is a hose problem with all the current models, so maybe it is an older one? Note the transmitter goes in the HP port, which is opposite from where you have your dive computer attached...at least that's what I'm guessing a "S4 dive computer" is.

If all else fails, you can get a "port extender" like this. But it is a last resort, because it makes the transmitter even easier to knock off than it already is!

Divegearexpress.com has a good selection of adapters of all types, for 1st stages.....Also Northeastscubasupply.com

Don't want to get rid of my S4 just yet. And yes it's pre Aqualung. But it has 6 ports. 4LP,2HP may have to move my Alt reg hose to make room. But its good to know the extender is available. Thanks for the info.

+1 on the 6-8 inch hose extention and a velcro strap to keep it near the tank strap gets it closer to the reciver and out of entanglement danger

When I was using air integration with my Vyper Air on my Aqua Lung Legend I had to make sure I used an inflator hose with a short crimp else the tolerance was too close to allow the tramsmitter to tighten up. Coinsidently that inflator hose came from a Sea Quest (Aqua Lung) BC.
Had I not had the hose laying around I was planning on purchasing a short HP hose and tying the reciever to another hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom