Dive Computer conundrum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDHLEWIS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So after a 8 year break of diving am back in the water and find myself in need of updating my old Mares M2 dive computer. The M2 will become the back up in the pocket should it be needed. The Minister of Finance (Wife) has allowed me to purchase a new computer. But after so long out of the water its become a minefield for computers now.
I have just finished my PADI AOW and plan to carry on to Dive Master and whilst where I live is not great for Tech so that is not an immediate concern. But if the computer could do some more advanced Nitrox stuff and gas switching would be advantages to ensure the money spent goes a long way. I'm not overly keen on watch sized computers such as the Garmin Decent and prefer larger console sized computers as my eye sight isn't what it once was for sure, and fiddly buttons and gloves I haven't the patience for anymore.
I have been looking at the Aqualung I770r, Shear Water peregrine, Aqualung I330r, Mares Quad Air. I always come back towards the I770r as it is able to be AI, has the compass, is rechargeable, nice screen and seems easy enough to use.
Has anyone got experience with this computer? Have I missed a computer from my search? Not keen on spending more than 600 - 650 USD / EUROs.

These computers from Ratio are the best values with the prices they have now. They have all of the features you want plus more. You can start with the least expensive one and when your needs expand, you pay a license fee to upgrade the software on your computer to get the more advanced features. Big screen and very clear characters. You can get the transmitter for AI.

If you want watch size version of their computers:

These computers from Ratio are the best values with the prices they have now. They have all of the features you want plus more. You can start with the least expensive one and when your needs expand, you pay a license fee to upgrade the software on your computer to get the more advanced features. Big screen and very clear characters. You can get the transmitter for AI.

If you want watch size version of their computers:
Do you know if the dealer knock's off the European VAT off the price if shipped abroad? Am dealing with Lucas dive store and they take off the tax when shipping abroad, and at 20% its no trivial amount either

Diveavenue.com, Arnaud is a cool guy and i have purchased Ratio IX3M Pro Tech+, he deducted VAT and price was very good.

Get in touch with him before place an order so he can give quote in regards to shipping.

Do you know if the dealer knock's off the European VAT off the price if shipped abroad? Am dealing with Lucas dive store and they take off the tax when shipping abroad, and at 20% its no trivial amount either

I have no idea if they do. I am not sure if the prices advertised on the mfg's website is available through the European dealers. If they are available through the European dealers, then buy from a dealer that would take the VAT off with more savings but if not, buy direct from the mfg's website.

I have no idea if they do. I am not sure if the prices advertised on the mfg's website is available through the European dealers. If they are available through the European dealers, then buy from a dealer that would take the VAT off with more savings but if not, buy direct from the mfg's website.
Cheers for the recommendation, ended up with a Ratio Easy due tot he discounts, upgradability of the software and they refund the VAT. Cheers for the info and help

Cheers for the recommendation, ended up with a Ratio Easy due tot he discounts, upgradability of the software and they refund the VAT. Cheers for the info and help
Congratulations 👏

Did they subtract the VAT from the already discounted price?

Just confirmed that VAT was refunded for the dive computer. Its selling for 600 Euros now and I paid 320 Euros total :)

That is awesome!! Practically wholesale price.

Back
Top Bottom