Dive computer between several days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danhngo9594

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just recieve my first dive computer. My question is do we turn the computer off between Days? For example I will be on a dive vacation for several dive in a row. Should I just leave my Cressi Leonardo in post dive mode, or turn it completely off at the end of the day?

I just recieve my first dive computer. My question is do we turn the computer off between Days? For example I will be on a dive vacation for several dive in a row. Should I just leave my Cressi Leonardo in post dive mode, or turn it completely off at the end of the day?
The manufacturer should have given recommendations in the product manual or even online. As long as the screen is off and it's in some protective housing it shouldn't give you any problems...
<TG>

My Cressi Giotto turns itself off after being idle too long on the surface.

Most dive computers will turn themselves off after a few minutes after a dive or period of no button presses. The exceptions to this are the DCs that double as a watch like my Oceanic OCi which stays on all the time.

What do you mean by "turn off completely"? How do you do that?

I have that computer. It'll turn itself off to save power; you don't need to do anything.

Most dive computers will turn themselves off after a few minutes after a dive or period of no button presses. The exceptions to this are the DCs that double as a watch like my Oceanic OCi which stays on all the time.
Interesting! I have only been around dive computers that stay awake until they calculate the nitrogen is gone.

or turn it completely off at the end of the day

How on earth would you do this??? No such thing is mentioned in the manual: https://www.cressi.com/easyUp/file/instructions/IB_LEONARDO_EN.pdf other than maybe removing the battery altogether (which obviously you shouldn't be doing that often).

As said above other DCs that can be used as normal watches (eg Cressi Newton) have a lock function that the user can use when he/she knows that the DC is not going to be used for diving for long time to save some battery life (some sensors get disabled hence power usage is reduced). Newton also has a shutdown function (hold light button for 5 seconds) but no such thing is mentioned in Leonardo's manual. FYI in Newton shutdown can be activated only after the no-fly time has been cleared.

Hope that helps.

RTFM?!?!
:wink:

-Z

They don't "completely turn off." The DISPLAY turns off to save power.

Back
Top Bottom