Dive Computer + Air Integration – Yay or Nay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydrowicz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Air integration; is it really better than using an SPG? Expert dive instructor Alexandra Ward shares the breakdown of air integration options and their pros and cons this week for Ocean Pulse. So whether you're in the market for new dive gear or just love everything scuba, be sure to check it out!

Dive Computer + Air Integration – Yay or Nay?

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_d80598e...jpeg

What a horrid arrangement for hoses -- sticking out upwards.

The air integration transmitter makes a great handle for people to grab the tank.

Air integration's very expensive compared with a $50 SPG.

What a horrid arrangement for hoses -- sticking out upwards.

The air integration transmitter makes a great handle for people to grab the tank.

Air integration's very expensive compared with a $50 SPG.

Idc about ai during a dive.. I like what I can see after the dive in the graphs. I can use my last ~ 15 dives to plan my next dive.

It was really interesting to see the difference between my SAC pre covid and post covid. Never would have been able to get such a clear picture without ai.

I was around, when air-integrated computers first arrived on the market -- and experienced serial failures, back in the early nineties; shied away from them for a decade or more.

While I do own a few nowadays, I also carry an SPG as an insurance policy; though the company still draws the line at transmitters . . .

I was around, when air-integrated computers first arrived on the market -- and experienced serial failures, back in the early nineties; shied away from them for a decade or more.

While I do own a few nowadays, I also carry an SPG as an insurance policy . . .
I use both too.. why not? I don't want to end a dive when the tran fails

AI is a luxury. Nice to have if you have the money, but not actually necessary. Also, if you are not the type that is scrupulous about maintenance and checking batteries, you should either skip AI or retain an SPG as a backup.

:deadhorse::rofl3:

edit: no horses were actually harmed in this post... love horses. God forbid anyone gets offended by a cartoon emoji.

Back
Top Bottom