Dive centre advice around Icmeler/Marmaris (Turkey)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BartM

New
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the Icmeler / Marmaris area in August and I'm interested in the possibility of doing a PADI Open Water Diver course whilst I'm there. Can anyone recommend a dive centre there?

TIA,
MikeB

Did you find anyone to dive with Mike, if so who and what did you think of them. Im going in May and looking for some advice on who to use

Cheers

The PADI web site lists several dive centres around Marmaris. I did my open water course with the Barakuda Brothers. They didn't appear to have a land based centre but operated from a dive boat at the Harbour in Icmeler. If you want to speak to them, walk along the harbour as far as you can go, then turn left. They were always moored on the right hand side between about 17:00 and 10:00.

A Turkish team, I found them a cheerful, high spirited bunch, very entertaining to spend 3 days with. Their web site is here:

I tried to post some helpful URLs, but the forum software doesn't want me to be helpful in case I'm a spam robot :eyebrow:

You can find them by entering "Barakuda Brothers" into Google.

The PADI website also lists other centres. Got to PADI dot com and click on the "Locate a PADI Dive Shop" link. If you enter "Marmaris, Turkey" as your search criteria, you'll find five or so dive centres listed.

Hope this helps.
MikeB

Divers Delight in Icmeler.
Very cheap,one full day with 2 dives and food was 29 euros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom