Dive Center Managers Position in Fiji for Couple

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waidroka Bay Resort

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Waidroka Bay Resort, Viti Levu, FIJI

Couple Required – FIJI
BOTH: experience in having run a busy Dive Center or Operation from A-Z
HIM / HER: MSDT with outboard mechanical & maintenance skills
HER / HIM: DM / Instructor with Sales & Marketing / Reservations skills

Waidroka Bay Resort, a small boutique Dive & Surf Resort on the main island of Viti Levu, Fiji, is looking for an experienced, motivated, professional DIVE CENTRE MANAGER / INSTRUCTOR with outboard mechanical & troubleshooting skills and a dynamic SALES & MARKETING / RESERVATIONS MANAGER

Dive Instructor COUPLE to start in August for an initial 6 month contract with the option of a 2 year extension for the right couple.

Dive Centre Manger/ Instructor
Waidroka Bay Resort is becoming one of the most popular adventure dive destination resorts in Fiji, and with this growth there is a need for a motivated and ambitious Dive Centre Manager / Dive Instructor who will be pinnacle in bringing the dive operation to a higher level to meet the demands of our increasing international dive market. You will be one of the key members of staff and will help create a unique dive/surf/fishing destination, with focus on creating a personalized and relaxed atmosphere which offers a great customer experience.

MUST fulfill the following criteria:
• OUTBOARD mechanical skills - troubleshooting & maintenance for fleet of boats
• PADI MSDT or higher - essential
• Experience in equipment repair & maintenance - essential
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience as a dive instructor
• Excellent people skills –to ensure a ‘family like’ atmosphere at the resort through socializing • Work experience in resorts with knowledge of overall operation & maintenance
• Surf experience would be an advantage (as would UW photography / videography) but not critical, since Waidroka Bay Resort is a Dive & Surf Resort.

Sales and Marketing / Reservations Manager / Instructor
With Waidroka Bay Resorts current success and growth in the dive market there is a need for an experienced Sales & Marketing Dive Master / Instructor to be responsible for ensuring Waidroka Bay Resort continues to be at the forefront of Travel Agents agenda and to grow both our TA / Dive shop & Individual Database, as well as reinforcing it’s presence in the local market.

MUST fulfill the following Criteria: Knowing how to sell and communicate with potential customers and TA’s
Creating Dive vacation Packages and Specials and the marketing of such Development and implementation of marketing plans
Internet savvy, Facebook, blogs, chat pages
TA and group diving market knowledge
Database development Preparation and presentation skills, including PowerPoint knowledge

Attributes for a couple
* Taking full responsibility to continue creating the best dive program in Fiji and fully running the neccesary Dive Operation to be able to achive this objective
* Flexibility/adaptability to work in all areas of the resort ¬as required, however focus on overall activities and sales and marketing
* Interest in being part of a growing business and working in a stunning beautiful, nature orientated secluded island resort.
* Being able to create and be part of a hospitality atmosphere is what it’s all about (and doing some GREAT diving), thereby the ability to easily mix with guests is a must.
The ability to work with a small, close team, and to help and support each other is essential.

What we have to offer the right couple
You will get to work in one of the most beautiful locations in Fiji, tucked into beautiful rain forest overlooking the South Pacific Ocean with nature at it’s very best. You will get to dive some of the most incredible and healthy dive sites in the world, which includes Bega Lagoon the ‘soft coral capital’ of the world!
We offer accommodation with stunning views overlooking the South Pacific Ocean and resort grounds.
All meals are provided as you will dine with the guests.
You will be required to pay for your initial 6 month work permit which will be reimbursed upon completion of your 6 month contract, at which point the possibility of an extension will be discussed.

For working in Fiji you will be required to produce a CRB or Police clearance certificate

Please respond with full CV, recent photos and introductory letter

Hi Boris

Are you still looking or looking again for a Management couple for Waidroka Bay Resort ? If so I have attached our CV with photo.
Briefly, we are an energetic mature couple with business management qualifications including corporate marketing experience, as well as Master Instructor and Divemaster resort management experience.

We were relief managers for 3 months (while owners were on holiday) at a dive resort with full occupancy on a remote island in PNG. My husbands' skills (very mechanical) would suit the Dive Centre/Instructor role, he's also a surfer and underwater photographer; and my hospitality management experience suits the Sales and Marketing/Divemaster role. We are both NAUI certified but would consider doing a cross-over for the right position.

We would be happy to arrange a Skype call for a 'Face to Face' chat.

Regards, Laura

Hello Laura - I have not recieved your CV's and pictures. Could you please send this to

bkaz@waidroka.com

Please send everything to my direct e-mail address at waidroka...we are interested in finding out more about you and yes this position is actually just coming up again.

Boris

let me know if your interested in a young OWSI couple, ready to move.

I am an engineer and my girlfriend has a lot of hotel experience.

We are new to the instructor seen, but my background with a master's in engineering and my girlfriend's experience in hospitality, may be something that you are interested in.

Sounds extremely interesting!! My wife and I are interested if a child is not a problem to the position.

Are you looking for instructors still?

Still? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom