Dive Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmusky49

Reaction score
Hello

I am thinking about upgrading to a new dive camera. I currently have a reef master and would like to go to a digital camera.

My budget on a new camera is between 400 and 700. I would like to get a camera and case and later add on an external strobe.

I have been reading through the posts and hear alot about the c-5050. This camera seems to be what most are suggesting, although it is being replaced, does anyone know where it is still available and about what the price is? What about the housing?

I have also been looking at the Sealife? 310 model. It retails for about 500 and comes with its own case. I would like to be able to use the camera above the water also and have read the this camera is equal to a Vivitar sold at Wal-Mart. I would like better quality than that.

I also would like a camera that will shoot at 4 megapixels.

I know that I am asking alot but any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank You and great diving to all.

:D

I just got a new 5050 2 days ago from 6ave. www.6ave.com $538 delivered I found several other places that had it, B&H photo being one. The housing is available from newegg or so I am told, that's next on the list. Around $150

i just got the housing from newegg this week, they had it for $134 and they have free shipping, i dont think you will beat that anywhere.

steve

There ya go! Excellent camera and housing for under $700.

herman
congrates on the camera I have mine and case I choiced the olympus because of cost of the ike
also it takes great pictures I have only two dives on it both in fla in cavern so waiting to get it wet some more .

I believe I have made my decision, I will go with the C-5050z and the housing from newegg. Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully I will be diving soon with the new camera and will have some good shots to post.

Back
Top Bottom