Dive Bus in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ycyc1999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just read from this board that Curacao has "dive bus". I found similar operations in Bonaire through a google search. Have you done it in Bonaire? How was it? What would you recommend? I am going to Bonaire in late May and will be traveling solo. I would love to join a good dive bus - divers sometimes are as fun as (if not more than) diving! Thanks.

Last I heard, the dive bus was no longer operating. I never used it but did see it at several sites over the years. You might want to go to the Bonaire board and see if you can find someone else who is on island at the same time. There is usually some one on island who is happy to let you join them. Sometimes it's a single and sometimes it's a group. I have had several people join my group and so far it's been great. www.bonairetalk.com

ycyc1999:
I just read from this board that Curacao has "dive bus". I found similar operations in Bonaire through a google search. Have you done it in Bonaire? How was it? What would you recommend? I am going to Bonaire in late May and will be traveling solo. I would love to join a good dive bus - divers sometimes are as fun as (if not more than) diving! Thanks.
ycyc1999,
The dive bus has found a new home with the kite boarders down at the south end of Bonaire. It is mainly there as a social center. I am sure you will find lots of folks to dive with on your holiday. :14:

The dive bus on Bonaire was not what you describe. It was a rolling dive store that sold tee-shirts, small equipment items, ice cream, sodas, and stuff like that. It had a toilet and claimed that if you went diving at the site where it was parked for the day they would watch your stuff.

It was not a group of divers out having a day of it.

I bought ice cream and sodas from them and once I bought a tee-shirt. My friend's daughter touched some fire coral and the dive bus had first aid stuff and a cell phone if a real emergency happened.

They would have had to sell a bost load of snacks to justify it's continued operation.

2085977divebus001.jpg

2085981divebus002a.jpg

2085982divebus003a.jpg

Tom Smedley:
The dive bus on Bonaire was not what you describe.
Tom Smedley:
Yes, Tom it was what you describe. :) As I said, it is no longer. It is now a gathering spot for kite boarders usually at the Atlantis dive site. If it goes elsewhere I have not seen it.

Mark and Suzy are some of the best folks you will ever be around.
They know what they are doing and make it fun.

Have a blast

Back
Top Bottom