Dive Buoy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdumas1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have developed and been using a type of dive buoy that is not on the market. It has the float, reel that holds the line and flag in one package. When people go diving with me they tell me that it needs to be one the market. The problem is, I need someone that has enough money or a company that would be interested in having the buoy made and share the proceeds. I have been using this buoy now for a couple of years and it works great. The flag is a tri-flag so the boats can see it from any direction. If someone is interested please contact me. Thanks, Charlie

CHarlie, my biggest peice of advise is work on getting a patent 1st. That will protect your idea. Otherwise said company could just rip your idea off and leave you pennyless for your creation.

YES! If you feel you have "the product" GET A PATENT!!! OTherwise someone will take the idea and run with it...you can't do anything about it if they do (unless it has a patent!) I have seen patent website in the past that you just fill out an application and pay whatever the fee is (I don't think it was too expensive if I remember right)

Keep SB updated once you get it underway! I would love to see your design! Hopefully it will be the next big thing!! I've yet to have a floating flag that keeps me happy and not frustrated!!
Congrats and GOOD LUCK! All it takes is getting the word out! Check with you LDS and see if they'll look into selling them for you...then expand from there if your profits are keepin you happy!

Back
Top Bottom