dive buddy needed central california

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spankyscuba

Reaction score
Hello I am new to central california (bakersfield area) and am looking for a dive buddy m/f who knows the areas for diving and who is comfortable and experienced. I would love to go for lobster, photography, crabs and scallops. I have done my 15 dives in Monterey, CA. I am padi certs ow. advanced ow, nitrox, boat speciality. I am willing to travel south and north. I am 27 and need to log more dives.

I may be up for another trip to monterey fri,sat or sun.Let me know if your interrested.I just got back from monterey and the visibility on tues day at the breakwater was amazing.Easily had 30+ feet of nice clear water along the wall.

There was a ton of great sealife.I dont think i have ever seen so many fish and other life along the wall.It was probably there but i could never get enough vis to see any of it.....lol.

Yet to try the tritip - although I hear they're good. They've started putting more meatballs on the subs again too - they were a bit light on for a while. Check out my profile picture :thumb:

I havent tried the meatball yet.The bbq chicken and tri tip are wonderful.

I really liked the last owner.He made some great bbq sauce and was never stingy with the meat.Its kinda hit and miss with the amount of meat now.Sometimes they pack it on and sometimes they dont.
Its not quite as tasty as the last owner but is still mighty good,especially after diving.I eat one on every trip to monterey.Definitely worth the 7 bucks.

lal7176 once bubbled...
Whats up with the diet coke in your profile pic.Your suppose to live it up when you go diving.........not drink that yucky diet stuff :D
Ordinary coke gives me acid :coke:

I live in Monterey, if you need a buddy just let me know. I have some friends that live in Bakersfield too. We dont have any Lobster to dive for up here but the lingcod is awesome and the occasional halibut show up from time to time also.

Guys, you really should try some of the real food in the area, the new guys at the deli suck !! Go over to the paddle club and let Candido make you some fish taco's or go down to sea harvest. Better yet drop by the Fishwife and i'll take care of you guys.

heres a shot of my last halibut

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom