Dive Buddy - Cornwall Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any relatively new divers in the Cornwall area looking to practice skills or just do shore dives? What with work and life, sometimes its hard to find the time to get in the water, so I'm looking to find someone so we can push each other to get in the water as often as possible.

I'm sooo tempted to just do solo dives, but I know its risky without a secondary air source and with me being so new and all...

With this kinda being the end of the season, the dive clubs / charters don't seem to be doing anything (at least for newbies). Maybe I will just have to wait till next year.

Join Seaway Valley Divers. There is only 1 weekend boat charter left this weekend though so probably not worth the cost yet. If you go to the Facebook page there are usually some shore dives going on. Summers are obviously much busier (3 boats dives a week, lots of people looking for shore buddies). It's a great group, all levels of divers are welcome.
But for sure check out Facebook, see if anyone looking there

Ya, that dive this weekend is apparently considered more advanced so they recommended I not do it. Maybe i'm being blind, but I couldn't find a FB page for them though - mind linking to it for me?

I'm just itching to get back in the water :p

Oh yes I never thought of where those dives are. Brockville is deep, dark, and the current is fast. But it's a lot of fun when you get a few more dives under your belt!!

Try this:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1391903221049161&ref=content_filter

I'd like to say I could commit to getting out there.. but between life and family (why does family actually want to get together Thanksgiving anyways lol), time has been stretched thin lately.

Hopefully you can connect and get out there soon!!

Any relatively new divers in the Cornwall area looking to practice skills or just do shore dives? What with work and life, sometimes its hard to find the time to get in the water, so I'm looking to find someone so we can push each other to get in the water as often as possible.

I'm sooo tempted to just do solo dives, but I know its risky without a secondary air source and with me being so new and all...

With this kinda being the end of the season, the dive clubs / charters don't seem to be doing anything (at least for newbies). Maybe I will just have to wait till next year.

What did you have in mind, where are you planning on diving?

I'm up for any dives 70' or less within about an hours drive from Cornwall. Ideally weekend dives as I work to 6PM on weekdays. With enough notice I can possibly get time off during weekdays though. Just practicing skills is good, but wreck dives are better

Check out some of the dive shops in Ottawa. They all have dives on the week end and during the week. Join the facebook groups.

Hey Daniel, I just moved back to the area and will be doing a ton of diving this spring/summer/fall. I only got certified a year ago but have around 60 dives. I am interested in exploring some of the lakes north of Kingston this season, there is some remarkable vis. October 2018 I did black Donald lake in calabogie, there is the remnants of an old mining town that was flooded in the 60s. Lots of cool stuff in the area and I will likely be out every weekend. Shoot me a message.

but... but... but... thats almost 2 hours away! :p
lol I can probably be persuaded to drive that far away if the dives are good enough. I live in the Cornwall area, so all of my few dives to date have been in the local st. lawrence. I will be taking the advanced PADI diving course this year, but other than that I will be looking for as many dives as I can get

As mentioned above, the Ottawa shops will be diving in the Brockville area (from your area of Long Sault to Rockport). We are always open for new divers to join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom