Dive Belize. Looking for Good Dive Operator / Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomsOn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for a Dive Shop or Operator recommendation to get a dive in when our Cruise Ship comes to Belize.

Any Suggestions based on experience?
Comes to port at 8:00am leaves 5PM January 24th 2022

Not sure if this is late to need, but either do the cruise ship tour, or don't dive. The ship anchors up 30 min from mainland and 30 min from diving....you'll spend 3 hours on a boat to the mainland, back to the atoll and repeat vs 1 hour RT directly off the ship.

So Hugh Parkey is gone (RIP), and so is the great benefit of getting picked up right from the ship. Well, the next option is Sea Sports Belize. 20-minute tender to town, 2 blocks to the dive shop, they set out when everyone with a reservation is ready— they regularly work with divers off of cruise ships. A 30-minute ride to first barrier reef dive sites. Lunch on board. Then second dive. You're back in BC by 2:30, well before time to worry about making the ship.

It’s not Hugh Parkey, but it’s diving!

After Hugh Parkey’s Belize Dive Connection (HPBDC) closed for business, Jaguar Adventures Tours opened a dive shop and is operated by ex HPBDC manager and dive staff, you can find the dive shop on PADI, we offer customized tour for cruise passengers.

Man, thanks! SSB is having trouble getting enough bodies for a TT reef dive. They keep asking if I want a T Hol Chan and snorkel trip, which I really don’t. I will contact you this morning.

Leaving Ft Lauderdale arriving Belize August 2 and having a time trying to find a dive operator QUESTION do any of the National marine parks have dive shops at the parks??

Leaving Ft Lauderdale arriving Belize August 2 and having a time trying to find a dive operator QUESTION do any of the National marine parks have dive shops at the parks??
Can you be a little more specific?

For example, where in Belize will you be staying?

Can you be a little more specific?

For example, where in Belize will you be staying?
Found a shop at the National Marine park that picks up at Belize City

There are a number of marine reserves in Belize, which is a big place, and none are especially close to Belize City. Nor do they have shops "at the parks" per se. Where are you staying? Or are you in Belize City for a day on a cruise ship? (in which case you might have only one choice, and due to distances a good place to do a dive excursion offered by the cruise ship, if there is one.) Without that info I'm not sure anyone can help much as the question is confusing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom