Dive Aqaba Review for June 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in Aqaba in June for only one day and did 3 shore dives with Dive Aqaba. I set up my reservations online well in advance with owner/DM, Amjad and everything went as planned as he was very responsive to my questions and requests. I arrived at his Shop in the morning and was able to rent all the gear I needed as I was only able to bring my dive log, C cards, and dive computer with me. The customer service there was good and all the staff were very helpful. Amjad was our DM for the day and our first 2 dives were in the pinnacles off shore of a local beach park. Our max depth there was about 50 feet. Nice and easy diving--no currents or surge and the water was just under 80F. The pinnacles were beautiful and the fish plentiful. Amjad is an experienced and safety conscious DM that speaks English well. He based the duration of our dives on air usage rather than an arbitrary time decided before the dive. Amjad also recognized that we were more advanced divers and let us explore pretty independently on the dives but made sure we were within sight of each other. For our third dive, we drove down the coast a bit to another beach park where Amjad said we could dive some wrecks. I was expecting maybe some small boats and similar conditions to the first sites. Instead, the wreck we dove was a C-130 Hercules Aircraft! It was spectacular to dive around as the aircraft superstructure is mostly intact and provides habitat for lots of marine life. Next Amjad motioned for us to follow him and a short swim away was a tank sitting on the sea floor covered in coral and swarmed with fish. I was pleasantly surprised by the interesting wrecks at this site. I have always wanted to dive the Red Sea and really appreciate the experience I had with Dive Aqaba to do this while I was in Jordan. Beautiful area both above and below the water. Thanks Amjad!

That does sound pretty cool. I have only heard of that city from the Lawrence of Arabia movie. Didn't realize it was also a dive site!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom