Dive Alert on Inspiration Auto Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The AutoFreeFlow has its own fittings so the Buddy blast is your only option, its made for it.

All the Air II copies have their own fittings, a standartd Schrader connection cant flow enough air for breathing at deapth

madmole once bubbled...
The AutoFreeFlow has its own fittings so the Buddy blast is your only option, its made for it.

Given you used the name "AutoFreeFlow", I assume AutoAir with the Inspiration has a small free flow problem?

Inspiration Survey 2002 results

Auto Air removed 42.80%
Auto Air Free Flowed 27.54%

Actually has 2 causes, a) its VERY sensitive to interstage pressure and b) the components corrode quickly

APD do sell spares kits at a very reasonable price though

Personally I'll stick with my Air II, been fully functional for last 18 years. In that time I've had to replace 1 schrader valve in about 1500 dives with it

Madmole

I have had a similar free flow when the pressure in the tank drops below 70-80 bar. I seem to have adjusted it out. The interstage pressure was perfect but still flowing. Any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom