Dive Alert conversion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Dive Alert DA-3X, the one compatible with the ScubaPro Air 2, Tusa Duo-Air, and the Atomic SS1. I have seen the light so to speak and have converted to a non air2 configuration. My question is can this model be converted to a normal LP inflater configuration? The normal one is certainly not very expensive at $40 or so but it seems a waste to just ditch this one (although I'd probably pursue ebay or the selling forum here). It appears it just has two connectors that are screwed into the main body. Has anyone ever tried converting something like this? I am not interested in adding adapters on both ends as that just adds way too many failure points, so please don't offer such advice. Thanks in advance.

We had a customer try this type of conversion. The adapters are available and it did make noise, but it was not at the same intensity. The inner diameter of the inflator hose is different and seemed to affect the performance. I have never approached the manufacture about it though. I would drop them an email. The adapter is around $22, so you are close to buying the correct one for your new setup.
:monkeydan

dschulte:
We had a customer try this type of conversion. The adapters are available and it did make noise, but it was not at the same intensity. The inner diameter of the inflator hose is different and seemed to affect the performance. I have never approached the manufacture about it though. I would drop them an email. The adapter is around $22, so you are close to buying the correct one for your new setup.
:monkeydan

I kinda had a feeling that would be the case. I went ahead and sold it with the air2 and the inflater hose to another board member. I'll just get a standard version. Thanks for the reply.

I got the Aeris Airlink2 and wrote an email to the Dive Alert guys and the told me they can change it for 20 USD + 5 USD shipping to DAX2.
Sorry to hear you have DAX3, else we could just exchange the parts.

Back
Top Bottom