Dive Alert - Anyone tried it with an Atomic SS1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoadWarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
Dive Alert - That air horn thing for surface use. Has anyone used it with an Atomic SS1?

Does anything have to altered other than just plugging it in?

Does it fit will and look decent?

When you give it a blast how much air does it use on a single burst?

Not really any help here. Just that I was looking at those, I think you do have to find a specific one for the hose…gee, whadda ya call the doohickey thing? There were two in my LDS and neither fit nor did they say for Atomic. Of course they may have been less recent manufacture or something. I do think I saw one (maybe at ScubaToys) for the SS1 though.

RoadWarrior:
Dive Alert - That air horn thing for surface use. Has anyone used it with an Atomic SS1?

There are 3 versions to fit the different LPI connectors. 1 for standard hoses, 2 that are used with different combined octo/inflators. http://www.divealert.com/divealert.html has the list of octo/inflator for each type.

It just plugs into the hose end, and the octo/inflator plugs into the other end of the Dive Alert.

It effectively adds a couple inches of hose length, which might make your LPI hose curve outward a bit.

It uses very little air since you use short blasts. I did a test once, but forget how many PSI/min. IIRC, it was a couple hundred PSI per minute.

RoadWarrior:

There is one designed for the SS1. I use an SS1 too and have been thinking about the dive alert becaue of our upcoming trip to Cozumel. I guess it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

I hope there's a lot of input to theis post.

I just placed an order for it on-line. If there's anything about it I don't like I'll let all know.

A friend of mine gave me his dive horn but I have an SS1 and it doesn't fit. The version I have only works with a standard inflator hose. So I don't use it but it was free so I'll keep it around. It's pretty loud, that's for sure! Not sure what it sounds like under water, hehe.

flyguy:
It's pretty loud, that's for sure! Not sure what it sounds like under water, hehe.
It makes just a little honk underwater. The very old versions of Dive Alert will self-destruct if used underwater.

The ancient versions don't have the 8 little prongs behind the diaphram (near where the LPI hose connects) that limit its movement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom