Ditchable Weight Option for BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are looking for an easily ditched option that is comfortable, stable and inexpensive, perhaps a freedive type belt will work for you.
This belt provides several advantages over a traditional nylon belt.

Finally.......I was about to mention "rubber weight belt".........with 1 lb. weights for comfort and streamlining.

I just use 2 1-LB weights in a small XS pouch behind gauge (left) D-ring when I'm using a neutrally buoyant light canister, AL plate and double-fleece+1 upper body fleece. With a 2 lb negative canister, I use no weights.

The rubber waist belt is super comfortable, but I don't need it, although it made it super easy to figure out my weight needs by letting 1 lb weights fall down to the bottom one by one while I held it in my hand. I started with 5 and whittled it down to 2 to 0, depending on canister.....in fresh water.

I prefer the DUI Weight & Trim System 3 harness for ditchable weights (for several reasons). The small pouch option holds up to 20lbs (10/side).

I use the Zeagle pouches that bolt to the BP. Easily ditches any weight if needed.

zeagle-zip-touch-backplate-weight-system.jpg

I prefer the DUI Weight & Trim System 3 harness for ditchable weights (for several reasons). The small pouch option holds up to 20lbs (10/side).

Do you have a proper picture of this unique device?

Do you have a proper picture of this unique device?
I don’t want to repost copyrighted images, but you can ‘google’ for “DUI Connor Weight & Trim Harness III” and there are many. It is the recently-released update to their previous harness, with big yellow dump handles (and no cumbersome threading of line to reattach).

RwP

OK, I understand that it is people like me that impede the march of ostensible progress.

I do pretty much the same thing as mentioned. Two XS scuba pouches on the waist belt. Two trim pouches on the cam band.

Interesting. Do you have these positioned closer to your lower back for easier release?

Yes, I affixed the pouches on the BP so they are in line with my lower back/waist. The red pulls are easily reached (by me or someone else) just above my harness belt.

Back
Top Bottom