Discover Scuba Recommendation in Puerto Morelos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradStyle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're having a family Christmas vacation at Now Jade Resort this year and about half of our group is interested in trying diving out for the first time. I see it's only 45 minutes down to PDC so I figure there must be lots of operations there that could accommodate us. It will be four adults (my GF and I are AOW divers), the nephews, ages 17 and 19, and the nieces, ages 10 and 14. The nieces are on the fence so I'd be looking for a shop that wasn't trying to push the envelope of how much you can do on a first dive, but at the same time I don't think a swimming pool would probably give them the kind of experience that could kindle their interest to repeat in the future.

Hoping to find an operator that would take us to a nice shallow, protected reef somewhere. I'm sure you get he picture.

Any thoughts, or dive shops you'd recommend? THANKS!

You may get some better responses if you ask to have your post moved from the Cozumel subforum up to the general Mexico forum.

most resorts now days offer guests to try scuba on site. that would be the most convenient for you. i am not a big fan of this for various reasons. but understand why so many people do this. if you wish to work with a shop in playa, i can recommend Tank Ha. contact matt there. pls mention that rick and melissa from canada sent you. matt runs a good shop there.

We're having a family Christmas vacation at Now Jade Resort this year and about half of our group is interested in trying diving out for the first time. I see it's only 45 minutes down to PDC so I figure there must be lots of operations there that could accommodate us. It will be four adults (my GF and I are AOW divers), the nephews, ages 17 and 19, and the nieces, ages 10 and 14. The nieces are on the fence so I'd be looking for a shop that wasn't trying to push the envelope of how much you can do on a first dive, but at the same time I don't think a swimming pool would probably give them the kind of experience that could kindle their interest to repeat in the future.

Hoping to find an operator that would take us to a nice shallow, protected reef somewhere. I'm sure you get he picture.

Any thoughts, or dive shops you'd recommend? THANKS!

First, I agree, you will get much more objective responses if this were moved to the general Mexico forum.

Second, your resort appears to be pretty close to Puerto Morelos, and while I have never dove from that location, apparently there are dive shops there.

+ 1 for Puerto Morelos. There’s no need to go all the way to PDC. Some would consider Puerto Morelos to have the better reef diving anyway.

Great tips. Sounds like Puerto Morelos is a better idea. I'll see if the mods will change the post title.

Honestly I prefer to use the dive shop on the resort, if it has a good reputation. Actually, recently I've been looking to book only resorts with a dive shop with good reviews. It's so much more convenient.. Go out at 8, have breakfast, do 2 dives, and back on the beach at 11:30.

As I understand it the resort we are staying at does not have a dive shop. Only two out of our thirteen members, my GF and I, are divers already, and we're staying on for all of January to dive in Cozumel. We're just trying to convert some of the family, and starting to corrupt some of the kids.

Looks like we'll be going with Aquanuts as they are right next to Now Jade, our resort. Thanks for the help all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom