Discover Scuba and Stingray Alley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba41girl

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a question for any of the scuba shops. My fiance and I will be stopping at Grand Cayman off of a cruise ship on May 6th (we were supposed to do a dive trip but he won't be certified in time) and I want him to experience diving stingray alley. He isn't certified so I wanted to check to see if anyone offers a discover scuba class and then stingray alley. Thanks in advance!

I have a question for any of the scuba shops. My fiance and I will be stopping at Grand Cayman off of a cruise ship on May 6th (we were supposed to do a dive trip but he won't be certified in time) and I want him to experience diving stingray alley. He isn't certified so I wanted to check to see if anyone offers a discover scuba class and then stingray alley. Thanks in advance!
It might be tough to get enough time to do both. Ambassador divers does discover scuba and afternoon tours to stingray city to mingle with stingrays and then a snorkel tour. Lots of operators do stingray city tours. There is a stingray city dive site (not the same location as the tour site) that some ops do now and then depending on the desires of the group on board. You could also try Cayman University divers (small boat and groups) that may be able to do the discover scuba dive at the stingray city dive site. It’s a very shallow dive and lots of bottom time.

Reports from some operators were that because of Covid, the stingrays had largely deserted stingray city. Have they come back since then?

Reports from some operators were that because of Covid, the stingrays had largely deserted stingray city. Have they come back since then?
I was in Cayman in October. There were lots of tour boats moored at the Stingray city site. As I had heard, the Cayman department of environment kept them fed during the depth of the Covid. To my eye it looked business as usual.

It might be tough to get enough time to do both. Ambassador divers does discover scuba and afternoon tours to stingray city to mingle with stingrays and then a snorkel tour. Lots of operators do stingray city tours. There is a stingray city dive site (not the same location as the tour site) that some ops do now and then depending on the desires of the group on board. You could also try Cayman University divers (small boat and groups) that may be able to do the discover scuba dive at the stingray city dive site. It’s a very shallow dive and lots of bottom time.
Thank you. I have been there many times so I'm aware of the set up, that's why I want my fiance to experience it. I will look into those dive shops.

Also check with Mike at Just Dive Cayman. They are very near the cruise ship tender port and are great to work with. Mike may have some good options for your stop there.

Also check with Mike at Just Dive Cayman. They are very near the cruise ship tender port and are great to work with. Mike may have some good options for your stop there.
Thank you. I will look them up!

Back
Top Bottom