discoloration of photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I downloaded some underwater photographs from my digit camera to my laptop when we were on a liveaboard. They came out in the right color, but when we transferred the pics to our desktop, they became green. Has anyone had this happen to them??

sample pic?

What I sometimes notice is the pic looks good on the little screen and when I get it on the big screen of the computer.....:11:

Yes, I've seen it happen.

Most likely cause is your computer's monitor is wonky - you need to calibrate it.

Post a NON edited version (only change to size for web) and let us see if it's a camera problem...

Alcina, do you have an easy way to calibrate the monitor? I would really like to make sure what I see on my monitor is what I get when I print. Of course, if I search the forum, I may find you have already answered this question.

Depending on how 'serious' you want to get with it, you need to look into calibrating every step of the process, the camera, the monitor, and the printer.

just having 1 'right' will not guarantee the others are.

THIS BOOK is a good start.

DennisW:
Alcina, do you have an easy way to calibrate the monitor? I would really like to make sure what I see on my monitor is what I get when I print. Of course, if I search the forum, I may find you have already answered this question.

Thanks for the information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom