Disassembling Si-tech intake valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ostsee Taucher

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to disassemble Si-tech slide type drysuit air intake valve?

The slide lever of mine went wrong and now does not return automatically. I wish to fix it DIY if possible.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 101
Yes, I can pressurize it, but it does not pop back by itself. I have to return it to the position manually. Thanks.

get a new valve. by the time you take it apart, figure out what is wrong, get the parts, jerry rig some tools, put it back together, figure out you forgot an o ring, take it apart etc and so on its well worth just buying a replacement valve...

get a new valve. by the time you take it apart, figure out what is wrong, get the parts, jerry rig some tools, put it back together, figure out you forgot an o ring, take it apart etc and so on its well worth just buying a replacement valve...

Well, this assumes you are too inept to do it right the first time - which may not be so.

And, IMHO, doing it yourself will teach you about your own gear and how it works and how to repair it. Even if you end up destroying the thing and buying a new one, you have learned something. Some day you may save someone's dive on a dive boat when you do a quick, easy fix on something you took the time to understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom