Disappointment with German Yanez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
I normally would not do something like this, but German simply did not show up to a booked cave dive on Cozumel last week, despite multiple emails confirming the time/date. This is, unfortunately, the 2nd time he's blown me off for a guided trip. I have to recommend that divers avoid him for this reason.

I took the cavern class with him years ago and had an excellent experience. He's a very good teacher and a highly accomplished diver. But it's very unprofessional to simply stand up a client. I could have easily arranged to do the dive with someone else, if I had been given any sort of notice.

You can certainly call a dive at any time, for any reason with no repercussions and no questions asked... unless you're a pro. I have no idea why he was a no-show. I know that happened when my son died years ago to one client. You won't know unless you hear from him and people who know him should alert him to this thread. Professionally, your reputation is yours to protect. No, not by censorship, but by honoring your commitments. I've heard nothing but good about German, but I've never tried to dive with him.

Germans name is on my Trimix card. Outstanding instructor, but there is no excuse to ghost you like that. At one time (like 10 minutes ago) I would have highly recommended him. Now, maybe not so much.

Don't know the gent so I googled him. Say what you like about him, he has one hell of a profile pic on Twitter...

I normally would not do something like this, but German simply did not show up to a booked cave dive on Cozumel last week, despite multiple emails confirming the time/date. This is, unfortunately, the 2nd time he's blown me off for a guided trip. I have to recommend that divers avoid him for this reason.

I took the cavern class with him years ago and had an excellent experience. He's a very good teacher and a highly accomplished diver. But it's very unprofessional to simply stand up a client. I could have easily arranged to do the dive with someone else, if I had been given any sort of notice.

That's too bad...2nd time? Beginning of a trend me thinks.

I have huge amount of respect for German for the many things he has done. I can't speak for German, and since he doesn't do forums like this to explain,but it would be nice to get an explanation before this thread "grows".

I'm unfortunately going to have to add to your thread. German completely ghosted me this week. I had been in communication with him about doing a couple guided dives in Aerolito. He completely stopped communicating with me. I saw him post numerous things on Facebook and he was active on WhatsApp and FB messenger. Disappointing. If he couldn't do it he should have simply said so.

German did my initial cave training up to cave apprentice in 2012 and I think he is a great instructor but this kind of crap annoys me. I literally brought all my cave gear to Cozumel just to do a couple days of cave diving.

If this is the same guy, it might explain a few things ...
Screenshot_20180817-193527_Chrome.jpg

Oye...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom