Disappearing Thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backscatter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone else notice a post here late yesterday or early today from AquaSportsInc? I replied to it this morning, but now the original post and my response have vanished. :confused:

I see now that AquaSportsInc is not exactly brand new to SB and seems to have attracted a small degree of criticism in other threads. Was I a sucker for welcoming them to SB? Did I hallucinate the whole thing?

Is it possible to retract a post and all replies to it?

Just wondering...

Anyone else notice a post here late yesterday or early today from AquaSportsInc? I replied to it this morning, but now the original post and my response have vanished. :confused:

I see now that AquaSportsInc is not exactly brand new to SB and seems to have attracted a small degree of criticism in other threads. Was I a sucker for welcoming them to SB? Did I hallucinate the whole thing?
The thread has been removed.

Is it possible to retract a post and all replies to it?

Just wondering...
Yes, that's possible. The OP will be notified by PM though.

The OP was notified by PM.

The reason for removal is that ScubaBoard doesn't allow for commercial postings like that in the introductions and greets forum. This is especially true for users that have already been a part of the community for some time and then decide to re-introduce themselves in a fashion similar to advertising, or as some people would see it... SPAM.

Thanks, just making sure I wasn't losing my mind :11doh:

I also noticed a post disappear a couple of days ago about the Sea Sheperd? Can a post only be deleted by the Mods or can it be deleted by the OP?

Only staff with moderator powers can make a thread disappear.

ScubaBoard - Show Groups

There are quite a few of them.

The thread you're talking about was moved to "The Pub" by one of our fine moderators because of the political nature of the thread. The pub is where people can talk politics. You can opt in on your group preferences. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom