DIRF Singles Valve Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do I need H or Y valve for single tank for Fundies class?

It's probably best to check directly with your course instructor regarding specific gear requirements for the class.

Having said that however - most people who do the course in a single tank use just a regular old K valve (yoke or DIN). I don't think a Y or H valve on a single makes a lot of sense anyway - if you want redundancy, then just use doubles. And of course if you are shooting for a Tech pass, then you must do the class in doubles in any case.

If I pass DIRF with singles, and if I want to take Tech 1 in the future, then do I take DIRF again to get a tech pass?

( I guess H/Y on a single tank would make sense if somebody wants to maintain only 1 pair of regulators to be used on both for singles and doubles. Right? )

Here you only have to come back and do the final dive in doubles and can light.

If I pass DIRF with singles, and if I want to take Tech 1 in the future, then do I take DIRF again to get a tech pass?

That's up to the instructor. What I have heard in most cases is that you do not have to take the whole class again - just go back and do a couple of dives in the Tech configuration to get the Tech pass.

tceylan:
I guess H/Y on a single tank would make sense if somebody wants to maintain only 1 pair of regulators to be used on both for singles and doubles. Right?

I find it easier just to keep two separate sets of regs - one for singles, one for doubles. If you're consistent about hose lengths between the two, then your single tank setup effectively becomes a backup reg to your doubles setup.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom