DIRF Ft. Lauderdale 12/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver42 once bubbled...
Ah, to get to the equipment images you click on the brand logo. Interesting...

Still a few brands to put up and a lot of pricing to do but its getting there slowly.

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Still a few brands to put up and a lot of pricing to do but its getting there slowly.
Stop it you charlatans!

Its not advertising. I'm not an employee. Just supporting my LDS and telling other Scubaboard readers about a place they can go to fill their needs.

That's great you were able to take DIRF WreckWriter. (I thought you had already taken it and were 100% DIR based on some of your other posts.)

I keep waiting for a DIRF class to come back to NC or VA. I guess I'll just have to make the Trek down to Florida if I ever want to take it.

At what point is one ever 100%? I have had a lot of exposure to DIR from my LDS and my dive buddies but this was the first time taking the class. Might take it again someday.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
At what point is one ever 100%?

Good point. I've observed that it seems like the DIR approach -- while most people think that it is limiting, and inflexible -- is actually inherently a constantly evolving practice. The rules are always getting reviewed and revised, which is a good thing! Kind of flies in the face of all who state that DIR is unreceptive to change.

Matt

xoomboy once bubbled...

Good point. I've observed that it seems like the DIR approach -- while most people think that it is limiting, and inflexible -- is actually inherently a constantly evolving practice. The rules are always getting reviewed and revised, which is a good thing! Kind of flies in the face of all who state that DIR is unreceptive to change.

Matt

I think the "unflexible" thinking comes from the general thinking that being DIR is strictly an equipment thing. Its not of course, its an attitude thing that goes far beyond equipment configuration.

Tom

They changed the dates of the class, after I already bought non-refundable plane tickets. Plus, my tickets had me going out to Colorado (with family) first, then to Florida, then back to DC... so I have no idea what I'm going to do about the several hundred dollars in airline fees I'm going to be charged and the possibility I won't even be able to get tickets.

What do you guys think about me taking Tech 1 just two weeks (and probably only a few dives) after I start diving dry for the first time?

diver42 once bubbled...
They changed the dates of the class, after I already bought non-refundable plane tickets. Plus, my tickets had me going out to Colorado (with family) first, then to Florida, then back to DC... so I have no idea what I'm going to do about the several hundred dollars in airline fees I'm going to be charged and the possibility I won't even be able to get tickets.

What do you guys think about me taking Tech 1 just two weeks (and probably only a few dives) after I start diving dry for the first time?

Really? That sucks.

I think you should go for it. I know people with tech 1 cards who's skills are no better than yours. At worst you get a "conditional" card and have to practice a bit and be rechecked.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom