Directions for Kelvin Grove Oct. 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of checking out Kelvin this Saturday. Any more recent vis updates than Oct 18? Also, what's the deal with parking. Is it straight forward as far as where to park and if I have to pay, who gets it and how much?
Dale.

Attached is a basic map of the site and directions to the site.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/mab/Kelvinmap.htm

To get to this site, head north of Horseshoe Bay on Highway 99. The road will double lane. At the end of the double lanes is the exit for Kelvin. Cross over the higway and turn left and go down to the bottom. You will pass the parking lot on your left. You can drop your gear in the cul-de-sac the park.

You will need a parking pass, $8, which you can get from the marina which is the very next exit (second exit after double lanes end) and work your way down to the left. The dive is worh the $8 expecially if you do 2.

Vis last Sat was 10 feet but I have had poor vis one day and great vis the next so anything goes here.

Across the parking lot from the marked spots there is no "residents only" or "no parking" sign. I have parked there with no problem, always take a picture of the car if I need to fight a ticket. A risk, but a low one.

My take on this site is that as long as you don't have a large group of divers nobody is going to bother you. Show up with a dozen divers and you are asking for problems.

Across the parking lot from the marked spots there is no "residents only" or "no parking" sign. I have parked there with no problem, always take a picture of the car if I need to fight a ticket. A risk, but a low one.

My take on this site is that as long as you don't have a large group of divers nobody is going to bother you. Show up with a dozen divers and you are asking for problems.

You were lucky as you will get a ticket anywhere in the lot if you do not have a ticket. I got one. I spoke with their city hall rep and he said that there is no free parking. Another diver I know got a ticket and he is fighting it on the grounds that "resident parking only" does not specify resident of where.

They have hired a parking person a few months ago.

I'm heading up next month with a group of 8. Do you think that's too large a group to consider this site?

We don't mind the $8 parking fee ... we'll mostly be carpooling anyway (probably 4 vehicles, total).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you pay for parking not a problem.

Bob, there is lots of parking. The lot will hold about 30-35 vehicles and us divers are about the only ones that use it.

The highway is under construction, add a few minutes to your travel time. Do you have a non-diver that would come along? My non-diving hubby drops us off and sits in the truck and reads...

The highway is under construction, add a few minutes to your travel time. Do you have a non-diver that would come along? My non-diving hubby drops us off and sits in the truck and reads...

Tell hubby that he needs to learn to dive :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom