DIR video of open water divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlover

Contributor
Reaction score
sorry you missed it....I'm tired of the conflict......Go diving and practice,practice practice......

I think this was supposed to be subtly hidden behind the icon....
But now the cat is out of the bag...
btw the divers taking the video have been certified for 1 year.

I think the video will help some people understand what DIR is looking for ...They want you to do it better....be the best you can be...hmmmm where have I heard that before.

Looks sorta like a standard safety stop to me, except in our bunch the guys hovering off the line would be wearin' jackets & short hoses & integrated safe seconds & integrated weights... doing it right, right?
Rick

We actually got chewed out by a Cap'n and DM last weekend in NC for not coming up the anchor line (my buddy and I both took DIRF together). There was no current to speak of, so we did a free ascent near the ladder (horizontally, of course)...

I still like watching people on the hang bar though...it was worth the tongue lashing. I need to get a videocamera..

The 2 DIR divers you see in the video have not been certified for a long time and you can see how their skills have improved after taking the DIRF class. The divers you see vertically on the line went into deco and did blow their safety stop and are obviously finning to stay at depth.

as a matter of fact the DIR divers you see in the video were my buddies in the DIRF class! :) :)

That can't be very efficient off-gassing finning around like that! So much for a nice relaxing safety stop....
Thanks for the link.
Doug

dkerr once bubbled...
That can't be very efficient off-gassing finning around like that! So much for a nice relaxing safety stop....
Thanks for the link.
Doug
Latest research suggests that mild exercise at the safety stop improves bubble reduction, so some light finning while hovering off the line is a good idea.
Rick

Do u think Novice shld be intro to DIR or take DIRF ???

Some say that since they have just picked up the sport therefore they have yet to develop habits (incorrect) ... thus it is easier to drill them with the correct stuffs

While some say that since they are still novice that means they have yet to master the basic skill..DIRF will be abit too much for them...

So what do u guys think :)

aso why ain't DIR incorporate into OW/ AOW ??? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom