DIR in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,
I'm going on a week long vacation with the family and was going to get a few dives in. I was wondering if there was any DIR friendly shops/operators in Oahu. I definitely want to dive my BP&W and see how it works out in warm water (I usually dive Monterey with a dry suit).
Any pointers out there? Anyone out there from Oahu?

Try Capt Bruce and Ocean Concepts. Both have web sites. Neither web site was current the last time I visited but the toll free telephone numbers were.

Tell them what you want to do. My experience is that both are very accomodating. One boat I was on had everything from basic jackets to BP/W to Horsecollars. They didn't care what equipment you used as long as you were personally safe and didn't endanger anyone else.

I also used Oahu Dive Center last trip. They were nice people who didn't care about equipment, just safety. But they dive on a pretty rigid clock that is enforced by the boat skipper.

Ben_ca:
Greetings,
I'm going on a week long vacation with the family and was going to get a few dives in. I was wondering if there was any DIR friendly shops/operators in Oahu. I definitely want to dive my BP&W and see how it works out in warm water (I usually dive Monterey with a dry suit).
Any pointers out there? Anyone out there from Oahu?

Just got back two weeks ago. Rent some tanks and gear and head over to Sharks Cove(Pupukea Beach) across the street from Foodland (good Sushi to go.) on the North Shore of Oahu. A lot of rocks also a lot to see, turtles on every dive. Good parking if early. Kids will like the tide pool.

Waimea Bay 2 miles south, left side by the rocks also good.
Hanauma Bay sucks, too crowded, poor vis. good for kids. if you have a car get there before 8:00AM parking lot gets full fast. No problems at Sharks Cove.

Look for coupons on boat dives in Waikiki. If you are willing to listen to a 90 minute time share sales pitch, the folks around the International Market will throw in a boat dive package for free.

Bring a 1/8 inch full wet suit and gloves, Hawaii is not warm water diving compared to the Indo Pacific ie the Philippines. And I also dive in N. Calif.

Leesa BTW do you work for this company? is it a deep/shallow? I can dive the whole day Thursday so it would be great to do the morning then afternoon... I think some charters don't allow that... I wouldn't mind doing sharks cove tomorrow evening if I can find a buddy... Any sugestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom